Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Reflection Please /SAVMP



Our latest suggestion as part of the virtual administrator`s mentor program was to think about the purpose of blogging and what benefits there are to doing so.  As I think back on the couple of years when I began my blog as part of a class to learn about Web 2.0 tools, I realized in the beginning I was simply responding to an assignment as required.  Typical of a student!  However, as I began to have the freedom to share according to my passions and thoughts around inclusion, this became a platform to think through my experiences and the actions I observed from others.  I used my blog to share experiences and by doing so, this allowed me to reflect on those experiences.

Simply taking the time to write down my thoughts and then read them, allowed me the opportunity to reflect on what was good and what should change.  To take the time to `close my door`and think to myself is a gift; a gift we must give ourselves and do so often.  Only by thinking through our actions and weighing what to keep and what to change will we move forward in our journey.

This past month in my new position feels like a whirlwind where I have not taken the opportunity to just sit and think.  It seems to me that there is always something that must be attended to, something new to learn, something to read.  I will take this reminder to actually close the door and take time to reflect comes at a most needed time.  I definitely need to take many more opportunities to close my door and reflect on my thoughts and actions, reflect on insuring I am keeping the main thing the main thing.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Brenda,

    Whirlwind doesn't begin to describe the past two months. I have put a Tibetan prayer bowl in my office. As I walk by for yet another observation or follow up meeting with a teacher I strike the bowl and at least for a moment reflect on what I hope to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete