Sunday, 24 November 2013

The Sunshine Award!

This is the view outside my office on a sunny, but cold morning! Look at that Sundog!

I am honored to be nominated for a Sunshine Award. Blogger, Lisa Friedman, nominated my blog for the Sunshine award.  This is how it goes. . . 
The Sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger and then, in turn, I will send sunshine the way of 11 other amazing bloggers for you to get to know!
Here are the rules listed by Lisa on her blog:
  1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
  2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
  4. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
  5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have 5 sons who are grown now but were born 7 years apart so it made for a very interesting early years.  We were never bored, that is for sure.  I remember some important dates and memories but a lot of what happened day to day is a blur!
2. I love miniature anything.  If you can show it to me in "tiny" I will love it.  I started a mini doll house as an older teenager but never finished it.  I did put hardwood floors (mini, of course) in it and wallpaper but never got the outside down or the furniture assembled.  Maybe one day I will have time.
3. I hate puzzles.  I try to understand the allure of a 1000 piece puzzle but I just get bored after a couple of minutes of lining up the outside edges. 
4.I never used to eat butter, or ketchup, or pickles and now, as an adult, I love all of those.  Weird how your taste buds change as you get older.
5. I am afraid of heights.  As a first year teacher, I took my students to the mountains to hike and I figured if I was going to get them to climb up high, I would have to be the role model.  Later I took them to a camp with a zipline and had to show my "courage" then too.  Little by little I am less fearful, but I still get butterflies when I am up high and near the edge of some structure (including the Chesapeake Bay Bridge last month in Maryland- soooo scary).
6.I love to garden but I hate to weed.  I have to really force myself to pull the weeds but it looks so nice when you get rid of all the old weeds and the beautiful plants have space to grow
7. I LOVE diet coke and even though my husband says it turns to formaldehyde in my body and is pickling me, I love the fizz and the taste.  I am trying to cut down the consumption and don't drink it every day anymore!
8. I am a pretty good (but out of practice) seamstress.  I used to make my kids' clothes and one year made all of their winter coats. I even made my husband's winter coat that year.  I made my graduation gown and a lovely winter coat with tailored collar and bound pockets in high school. Now you get things for so little, it seems a waste of time to spend sewing.  I still have a lovely sewing machine so maybe one day...
9.I LOVE lacrosse!  My boys all played.  I have been a manager, coach and jersey mom.  I even started a ladies' league for moms who wanted to give it a try.  I played for a few years and then ran out of time.  I just went to Baltimore as a manager with my son's team (he was the coach) because they needed a manager! I love the pace and the excitement of box lacrosse and the finesse and strategy of field lacrosse. I could watch my sons and now my grandsons play every weekend because I love the game so much. My youngest will be trying out for the Edmonton Rush ( a pro team here in Canada) next weekend so we will have all our fingers crossed as he does his best!
10. I twist my hair when I am thinking or nervous or just need a bit of regulation I guess.  My admin assistant used to laugh and wonder what I was up to when I started twisting and twirling my hair at work!  I guess I do it when I drive because she knew when she was driving behind me because I would get twirling at the stops.  
and finally
11.  I love to learn for the sake of learning.  I am taking a grad level course at the University of Alberta on Assistive Technology because I wanted to learn about it. I could go to school forever because I love to read and learn and write.

AND NOW FOR LISA'S QUESTIONS:
1.If you could cast yourself in any reality TV show, which would it be and why?
I don't watch a lot of reality shows except for cooking shows and so I guess I would like to be Gordon Ramsey.  Don't laugh but he is so confident that I would like to be confident like that all the time too.  I would leave out the meaness to others and the swearing though.

2.Crunchy or smooth peanut butter?   A little of both depending on what is on sale.  I 
have been buying Wow Butter lately because one of my boys is allergic to peanuts.

3.Favorite place to vacation?  Anywhere I have to take a plane.  I love to travel.  I loved Mexico this summer even though it was REALLY hot.  I loved Seattle and being by the sea.  I love, love, love the mountains and Canmore, AB is one of my favorite getaways. 

4.What animal most describes your personality? Momma Bear.  Soft and cuddly looking until you go after one of my "cubs".  It could be a school cub or one of my own.  Then I might be scary!

5.Favorite ice cream flavor? I love Rolo ice cream but also like anything lemony.

6.Cookie or cake? either so long as some one else makes them.  I love carbs but recently gave up gluten so cakes or cookies that are gluten free are harder to come by. 

7.Describe your ideal day. Relaxing with a good book in my pjs and intermittently napping.

8.What is your favorite season? Summer for sure.  I love the sun and the warmth of the sun on my face. 

9.What is your favorite thing about blogging? Being able to reflect on what i have learned or thought about.  I love that I have a platform to share with others and like Lisa, I didn't think anyone would care what I was writing.  I am thrilled that others can find support or understanding from my writing.  I started my blog as a requirement for a class I was taking on Web 2.0 tools.  I never thought I would keep it up.  I am grateful to be able to share in such a way.

10.How do you relax? I relax by reading or doing yoga.  I didn't do any exercise for the past four months (not sure why) and I recently started again. I am so glad to be able to do so.  It really makes a difference in my ability to sleep.  I also love to listen to a variety of music from country to gospel to pop to rock. I love most music and music can soothe my soul. 

11.What did you have for breakfast? My son made bacon, eggs and raisin toast.  Delicious!

Bloggers I believe should get a Sunshine Award include:

These are all super educators/leaders who are making a huge difference in their schools and their communities.  I count myself blessed to have them in my PLN.  I would have nominated all my inclusion tweeps but Lisa already did that!  
Here are your questions besides the 11 random facts about yourselves:
1. sleep on your side, your back or your tummy?
2. Is the glass half full or half empty?
3. Would you rather read fiction or non-fiction? What book do you call a classic in your fav genre?
4. Secret guilty pleasure?
5. walk or run? What is your favorite?
6. What is your favorite treat?
7. How do you "leave work at work?"
8. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
9. What was your favorite subject in high school?  Why?
10. Socks with sandals? Yes or no?
11. Finish this sentence: When someone thinks of me, they think ____________.

Have fun with the questions and we will have fun getting to know about all these rays of sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment